A week ago, I started urban sketching. I drew my first urban sketch (above) and I had such a fun time that I just did it again!
What is urban sketching? It’s an artistic approach to engaging with the world around us. A global community of artists (sketchers) use drawings and storytelling to “See the World, One Drawing at a Time.” Urban sketchers agree to follow the spirit of the following manifesto:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.